Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Done with DC Zinfest, off to Philly!

DC Zinefest was super! 

Photo by Trebro, http://www.flickr.com/photos/28022418@N06/    


Everyone who put it on did a great job; there was wonderful food from Everlasting Life, a vegan cafe in DC, and ample air conditioning. Gay Kid 4 did really well! Here's the cover and page 1, just to get you jazzed in case you missed it:


This was also the first comic I've done where I didn't just work in black and white, but also incorporated a grey or two. I'm really happy with how it turned out, especially because working with color is so overwhelming to me. As such, I spend a lot of my time working with sometimes confusing and very tedious cross-hatching. But no more! Grey has turned a whole new leaf for me in terms of getting some sort of middling-color, without needing to draw all your attention there as you do with cross-hatching (I don't know if this is true, but I feel like the more lines you add to a space the more people look at it, even if it's just to make pants black).

So, now that Gay Kid 4 has gotten it's first showing, it's off to Philly! I'll be tabling at the Philly Feminist Zinefest on Sunday, August 26. If you're around, stop by and say hello!

And, after Philly, I'm off to the Holy Grail of SPX. Can't freaking wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!